Environmental impacts from shipping
This e-course on Environmental Management in the maritime industry will give you a good overview of the environmental impact of the shipping industry and provides you with the tools to understand and organise environmental work within a company. The overall aim of this course is to introduce central concepts, work methods and company aims of environmental management.
This e-course will run completely online and can be used in a flexible way. You can follow your own learning tempo, intensity and style and you can therefore flexibly integrate this course into your individual daily schedule. Exercises and quizzes can be completed online within the context of the course and are evaluated on the spot.
- Target groups: Potential and current workforce on board and ashore; employees in the maritime industry. The prerequisites for these e-courses correspond to a general level of knowledge.
- Course progression: The e-courses run 100% online.
- Learning Workload: 45 hours
- Starting date: anytime
- Costs: none
- Language: English
When you are interested in a maritime career or are currently working on board or onshore: stay up-to-date with the latest developments and skills and take the chance to advance your career with these education offers!
After having completed the course, you are able to…
- identify important environmental aspects of your company’s activities
- know the aims and fundamentals of ISO14001 and EMAS
- understand and discuss the benefits of organising company environmental work in an environmental management system
Author: Hulda Winnes, PhD, IVL Swedish Environmental Research Institute
Estimated Time and Workload: 45 hours
Prerequisite Skills: The prerequisites to this e-course are on a general level. What you should know before starting this course: You should …
- be aware that the shipping industry has an impact on the environment
- have a certain familiarity with decision making routines and company structure
- be competent in the English language
- possess good verbal and written communication skills
Structure: The e-course on Environmental Management in the maritime industry is divided into 3 segments:
- First segment: Environmental issues – changes in our living environment
- Second segment: Environmental work in companies – economics
- Third segment: Environmental work in shipping companies
How to enrol
Go to http://knowme.oncampus.de and create your account. Each e-course currently has an enrolment key. In the e-course’s description you will find an enrolment key to log into the e-course.