A marine surveyor provides expert consultation within the shipping industry on the condition, construction and damage of ships, and the stowage and transportation of cargoes. His/Her duties are to:
• survey marine vessels and watercraft
• inspect condition of propellers, rudders, and sea valves.
• inspect above waterline section of ship, such as hatchways, freeing ports, ventilators, bulkheads, fittings, and attachments
• observe operating tests on machinery and equipment and to inspect opened up machinery for interior condition
• prepare reports on types of surveys conducted, recommended actions and repairs, or conditions remedied